Our Core Values
- We are born-again, Bible believing Christians. We believe in God as the Creator and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who has defeated sin and death through His sacrifice and resurrection. We do our best each day to follow Him as we use our gifts and talents to support homeschooling families as they educate their children.
- We hold a Biblical worldview and design our lesson plans from that foundation.
- We believe that children are unique in their learning styles and that they grow and mature at different rates, thus we have a wide range of ages in each level of our classes.
- We believe that the internet is a brilliant and convenient tool for education, but it can also be a wicked and dangerous place if it is not managed carefully.
- We believe that we are living in the midst of a cultural war against Biblical marriage between a man and a woman, against the family structure, and for the hearts and minds of our children through school systems, social media, and the entertainment industry. In light of these dangers, we work hard to make our online classes a safe and enjoyable experience for children. We have designed our class time rules and homework content policies to protect children from being exposed to inappropriate material in our classes.
- We believe that parents know their children best and have the ultimate authority and responsibility over their children’s education.
- We offer our services as private, independent contractors/tutors.
- We do not accept federal/state funding, and we do not use federal/state-designed educational materials.
- By purchasing our courses or materials, parents and their students agree to abide by our terms and conditions.
- Since we cannot know or control when a child may click away from the class and roam the internet during class, we expect that parents are keeping an eye on their children’s participation during class time.
Student Behavior Expectations
Ms. B.’s goal is to always engage the students and keep the class moving with Q&A opportunities as well as lots of review and practice games. However, Ms. B. has no way of knowing for sure and is in no way responsible if a student opens other browser tabs and wanders around cyberspace during the class. It is important for parents to keep an eye on their student in some way as needed during class.
During class, students should listen and take notes and/or participate with supportive comments and questions relating to the lesson. Students should not distract Ms. B. or other students with off topic comments in the Discussion/Chat box or when collaboration is enabled.
A disruptive student will be temporarily kicked out of the class so that they may mentally refocus while they log in again. Ms. B. will call/email the parent to report disruptive behavior. If a student persists in disruptive behavior, the student may be dropped from the class.
For the mental and emotional peace and safety of all (students, parents, and the WF team), the following topics are NOT ALLOWED during class or in ANY homework assignments:
- racial jokes
- sexual references
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer characters and content (regardless of whether a student paints it positively or negatively)
- blood, guts, and gore
- Halloween or Halloween-related topics and horror (including but not limited to ghosts, demons, vampires, werewolves, zombies, murder, satanism, and witchcraft)
Although some issues may be genuine concerns on students’ hearts, this online class is not a conducive venue for discussions about such topics.
If any new issues arise that distract from the purpose of the class, Ms. B. will deal with them at that time and add them to the list.
If a student is concerned that the content of his/her writing may include unwelcome material, the student/parent should contact Ms. B. to discuss the issue BEFORE submitting the paper for scoring.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
You can cancel your student’s enrollment at any time. Your student will be removed from the course and will lose all access to the class materials (including but not limited to handouts and videos), all past and future lessons, and editing services and feedback.
The first payment (registration fee) is non-refundable. If you need to drop the class, all future payments will simply be canceled.
If you paid in full, you will receive a refund for the full months remaining in the course lessons.
Materials provided for Writing Foundations Online Courses are protected by copyright law. These materials are solely for the use of students enrolled in this course. They may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise for anyone else. They may not be used to teach writing courses to groups of students elsewhere. Violation will result in termination of the course and/or copyright infringement prosecution.
Passwords are exclusively for the student who is registered and paid for the course. DO NOT SHARE account login information with anyone else. Students should NEVER share the Adobe Connect or student page password with anyone else.
All live classes occur according to Eastern Time and are subject to Daylight Savings Time/Standard Time shifts. Participants are responsible to adjust their schedules accordingly.
Internet Safety and Etiquette
Writing Foundations (WF) will never share with or sell your email address or personal information to anyone. WF will not use your information for any reason other than course business for which you are registered. Student details and contact information will ONLY be used for class business and will never be shared with anyone.
Please set your email program to approve all emails from Ms. B. at her onlinemsb address. Ms. B’s emails may include links, clip art, and attachments which may have a tendency to trigger your spam/junk mail settings. If you do not receive an email from Ms. B. in a timely manner, please check your spam/junk email box first.
WF policy is to include parent’s email with all WF/student communication. This keeps the parents in the loop, and it keeps the student under the parents’ authority in cyberspace.
Students will not be allowed to privately chat with others during the online class. Student emails will not be shared with other students unless requested and approved by parents.
Parents are responsible for assigning grades for their students. Our website’s Learning Management System will automatically calculate the student’s progress percentage throughout the lessons, and parents are free to use that information to assign grades as needed.